The other night the pig in our yard had 6 piglets. One died and one was missing so now there were only 4. Well today I heard a snort behind this old thrown out bathtub next to where they were. I look behind it and I found a the little missing baby pig barely alive. My dad jumped over the gate to get it and the mom tried to bite him. I was scared to death. My dad finally got the baby and lay it next to the mom and she does something unbelievable! SHE TRIES TO EAT THE POOR THING! My dad whacked her with a stick trying to get her away and he picked up the piglet and handed it to me. I ran inside and tried to warm the little limp body by keeping it by a lamp. she started to move a little and blink. I was so excited. . then she stopped moving. I freaked! I frantically searched for a pulse. . . nothing. My dad drove up with some piglet formula which made me feel worse.
Later my dad and I dug a grave for the lifeless pig and lay her inside. Poor little pig. I was depressed all night. Only if I had found that pig earlier! It was to late. :((( I'm so sad!
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Trying to save a life
Posted by Lauren Harris at 7:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










0 comments:
Post a Comment